Susterra® Propanediol in Low-Temperature Heat-Transfer Fluids for Process Cooling
The natural choice in glycols.
Susterra® propanediol offers a higher-performing alternative to propylene glycol for use as the primary ingredient in heat-transfer fluid for companies that require non-toxic, food-safe properties.
The low-viscosity profile of Susterra® propanediol reduces pump power consumption and enhances flow rates and pumping efficiencies, which can reduce energy demands and maintenance costs. Plus, every drop of our pure, bio-based glycol is renewably sourced from plant materials, not petroleum.
Now there is choice.
Susterra® propanediol performance benefits include:
- Improved viscosity at lower temperatures compared to propylene glycol, driving process cooling efficiency
- Excellent freeze-point depression for aqueous solution applications
- 100% USDA bio-based material, renewably and sustainably sourced
- Safe, low-toxic, and readily biodegradable
- Approved for incidental food contact under the NSF International HTX-1 specification
- GRAS, Halal, Kosher
- Contributes to LEED points
Susterra® propanediol is effective in many low-temperature heat-transfer fluid applications, including:
- Food and beverage process cooling
- Immersion freezing
- Cooling liquid foods and diary products
- Fermentation and maturation cooling
- Carbonated beverage cooling
- Plastic bottle blow-molding cooling
- Ice systems
- Data center and server room cooling
- Single-fluid process cooling
- Closed-loop, water-based HVAC applications