Zemea® propanediol as a bio-based solvent for laundry and household cleaning products
Zemea® propanediol is a bio-based solvent for formulators who are developing effective and sustainable household cleaning products. Depending on formulation needs, Zemea® propanediol functions well as an enzyme stabilizer or an eco-friendly solvent. It can also be used in household cleaning products to replace glycols such as propylene glycol and glycerin.
Zemea® propanediol can be used in industrial and institutional cleaning products. The EPA granted an exemption from the requirement of tolerance under 40 CFR §180.940 when used as an inert ingredient solvent, co-solvent, diluent or freeze-point depressant for antimicrobial pesticide formulations applied to food contact surfaces in public eating places, dairy processing equipment and food processing equipment and utensils.
Zemea® propanediol is effective in the following home care applications:
- Liquid laundry detergents
- Liquid hand detergents
- Automatic dish detergents
- Hard surface cleaners
- Glass cleaners
- Carpet and rug cleaners
The performance benefits of Zemea® propanediol include:
- Lack of skin irritation or sensitization
- Excellent cloud point
- Improved humectancy
- Good stability
- High purity
- Favorable environmental profile
- Enhanced clarity
- Increased foaming (if desired)
- Heat stability
- Freeze/thaw protection
- Low vapor pressure – VOC solvent (LVP-VOC)
- Natural Products Association (NPA)
- EPA Design for the Environment (DfE)
- EPA Inert Ingredient in Non-food Use Pesticide Products
- EPA Inert Ingredient in Food Use Pesticide Products
Where to buy
DuPont Tate & Lyle offers an extensive network of distributors. Find one in your region.
Request a sample
Formulators and designers can experience the performance of DuPont Tate & Lyle products by requesting a sample.